Mission & Goals of Tri-County Schools
"Working Together; Learning for Life"
- All students have value and are the #1 priority of the District.
- Student learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the District
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches, including the use of technology, to support their learning.
- All students should be provided the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.
- Learning occurs most effectively in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the highest of standards is imperative for all students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.
- Students, families, teachers, administrators, and the community share responsibility for the improvement of the educational process.
- All students and employees should have respect for self and others in order to maintain individual dignity and worth.
- Diversity, and the respect for it, is essential for the full development of the individual and society.
- Students need to be given the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities in order to develop leadership and teamwork outside the classroom.
- All children in our school district will start school ready to learn with the ability to read at grade level by 3rd grade.
- By 2019 the school district will have closed the achievement gap by 50%.
- Offer classes that appeal to the whole student body that provides adequate instruction to ensure ability and desire to graduate.
- Teachers will have access to the professional development and technology needed to help them prepare all their students for the future.
- Our school will ensure that all students learn to use their minds well so they may be prepared for responsible citizenship, further learning, and productive employment in our modern economy.
- Our school will provide a violence and drug free environment for all students, staff and administration, offering a disciplined environment conducive to learning.