Mission & Goals of Tri-County School
"Working Together; Learning for Life"
1. All students have value and are the #1 priority of the District.
2. Student learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the District
3. Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches, including the use of technology, to support their learning.
4. All students should be provided the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential.
5. Learning occurs most effectively in an emotionally and physically safe environment.
6. Commitment to continuous improvement and the highest of standards is imperative for all students to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.
7. Students, families, teachers, administrators, and the community share responsibility for the improvement of the educational process.
8. All students and employees should have respect for self and others in order to maintain individual dignity and worth.
9. Diversity, and the respect for it, is essential for the full development of the individual and society.
10. Students need to be given the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities in order to develop leadership and teamwork outside the classroom.
1. All children in our school district will start school ready to learn with the ability to read at grade level by 3rd grade.
2. By 2019 the school district will have closed the achievement gap by 50%.
3. Offer classes that appeal to the whole student body that provides adequate instruction to ensure ability and desire to graduate.
4. Teachers will have access to the professional development and technology needed to help them prepare all their students for the future.
5. Our school will ensure that all students learn to use their minds well so they may be prepared for responsible citizenship, further learning, and productive employment
in our modern economy.
6. Our school will provide a violence and drug free environment for all students, staff and administration, offering a disciplined environment conducive to learning.